Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 1 Comment 1 to Helen Xiong


Wow...Week 1...is already done...
My brain is going crazy! I cannot stop talking to people about copyright laws because I was soooo unaware of it...You would think that it being so scary that we would know more about it...
It is really crazy to think about how many people are disobeying this law of copyright and are just simply unaware of it...I talked to Mr. Bustillos more about it and he said that we would be talking more about it this next week but I feel that my brain is sooo overloaded with this that it makes me scared of what our future holds and how these people posting videos on YouTube every 2 seconds needs to be aware of this. 
Commenting on Cheryl's post really made me realize things that are right in front of you....resources and people that you have made connections with that can make us into more educated people. I really push my own students to use their resources...google, wikispaces, the web, and the people around them....and I need to realize that too...How did I not know about these ideas or thoughts when I see my librarian at my school on a daily basis?! It really makes me question myself with how opened my eyes really are....
This week just flew by and I had also already started our reading and I must say...I hate reading but the book is really good...(sorry to be a spoiler if you haven't started yet). I am really looking forward to what this class has to offer and what is to happen in the weeks and days to come. 

@ Helen
I have to agree with you. Many times we are unaware of all these rules and regulations that we have to follow. I guess ignorance truly is bliss for most of us.  Once we become aware we find ourselves questioning everything we did prior to having acquired the knowledge. This has happened to me and now I constantly check to see if I have given the people the credit they deserve in every work I do. It can be tedious but it needs to be done. Oh and by the way thanks for spoiling the whole book thing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment