Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4 Comment 2 to Francine Jackson


My plans are to submit my PLP to the Music Educators Journal(MEJ) of the Music Educators National Conference (MENC). MEJ is a peer-reviewed journal that encourages music education professionals to submit manuscripts about all phases of music education in schools and communities, practical instructional techniques, teaching philosophy, and current issues in music teaching and learning. The main goal of MEJ, like that of MENC, is to advance music education.  MEJ is not a research journal, but submissions should be grounded in the professional literature.

I chose this publication because the population that would most likely be interested in my paper have subscriptions to MEJ.  I read some of the articles from this publication regularly so I figured this publication would reach the audience that would benefit most from my paper. Furthermore I chose this publication because many of my colleagues and myself are having difficulty with learners who are placed in our classes who don't want to be in a performing arts class. I feel that my paper might possibly provide pertinent information that musicians could look into to facilitate student motivation and engagement in the performing arts.

@ Francine
Like with Melissa, I commend you on taking on something that is in such need in our educational environment. Music is a beautiful thing and it is not given the importance it should. I hope that your project will shed some light on how important music is not only to the schools but also to society in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment