Friday, August 26, 2011

Week 4 Comment 1 to Melissa Cooper


The article based on my CBR project has a strong emphasis on Art and technology throughout community service project. Therefore, I am sticking with three journals that I plan to submit too because I wanted to appeal to the Arts (on a small and large scale) as well as technology journals. The following are the Journals I plan on submitting to, a link to the copy of my research article, as well as my two “think-aloud” post if your interested.
Edutopia is a database from the George Lucas foundation that highlights educational and technological programs, topics, information and other research that is unique and breaking ground. I have been a fan for a long time and have actually been inspired by some of their blogs to focus on bringing arts and technology into community service.
NAEA - The National Art Educators of America are a well-known community that advocate for Arts Education, share research, stories, and network with individuals and organizations that do the same. They have a recognize association for their efforts and services and something I look forward to being a part of.

The National Guild for Community Arts Education supports and advances any educational and learning opportunities in the community. They foster art education as well as community focus with their service and advocacy. They host a quarterly journal that highlights related topics in the community and education.

@Melissa
I commend you on taking an active role in promoting the arts. I understand the hardships the arts are going through in the educational system and what this has to mean to you. I have two friends that graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Arts Education and are out of a job due to cut backs. I hope that through your project people will be able to realize how truly important the arts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment